Viber — messenger application that allows you to send messages, and make video and voice VoIP calls over the Internet.
- Viber Chatbots creation by Viber
First of all, need to configure it on the Viber side.
- Register or log in to Viber.
- Register or log in to the Viber Admin Panel.
- The bot account creation form will automatically open. Fill in all required fields.
- After filling in the fields, save the changes by clicking the Create button.
- After creating an account for the bot, a pop-up window containing the bot token will appear. Copy the token.
- Agent channel configuration in the Chatbots Platform
Agent needs to create and configure Agent Channel with Viber connector.
- Enter the Edit menu of the Agent settings.
- In the window that appears, go to the Channels tab to configure channels, then:
- Select channel type Messaging
- Click on the Add channel button
- Integration with Viber occurs through the Connector with the name “Viber”, set in the Channel field.
- If necessary, enter a title for this Agent Channel in the Title field.
- Title is an optional field.
- The limit on the length of the Title field is 40 characters. Once the limit is reached, characters will no longer be entered into the field.
- It is acceptable for the Title field values to match in different Agent Channels.
- After selecting a channel, the Token field will become writable, into which you need to paste the previously copied token.
- Activate the channel by switching the toggle switch so that the Agent starts responding to it after saving.
If the Agent has not been trained, a warning will appear. In this case, it is necessary to train the Agent, and then repeat the attempt to activate the Agent Channel.
- After activation, if there are problems with its availability, a warning will be displayed (The channel will be activated despite the problems):
- Can’t reach channel – displayed if the server does not respond to the specified URL
- Couldn’t register agent webhook – displayed if it was not possible to register a webhook in the removed channel.
- Save Agent’s Channel – click on Save button.
All settings will be applied only after saving.
- Mapping Channel Variables in Viber
|Channel Variables||End Channel||Variable in the body of the incoming request||Features|
|channel_visitor_id||Viber||sender.id||User’s Viber ID|
|channel_conversation_id||Viber||sender.id||User’s Viber ID|
- Opportunities to communicate in Viber
|Messages will reach the interlocutor if the agent writes first in an existing chat||Viber||Yes|
|Buttons||Viber||Yes||The button click comes as button label text|
|Transfer to the operator||Viber||No||Viber does not have this functionality|
|Transferring files as files from the Agent (/_suBXn )||Viber||No|
|Transferring files as links from the Agent (/_suBXn )||Viber||Yes|
|Receiving a file from the Interlocutor into a script||Viber||Yes||Format:|
type|type|file id|file link
|Getting geolocation from the interlocutor in the scenario||Viber||Yes||Format:|
|Delivery of messages over 1000 characters from Agent to Interlocutor||Viber||Yes|
|Get a link to the lead source||Viber||No|
|Mailings using Notification||Viber||No|